Updates & News
Apply to Join the inroads team as the Member Support Specialist (Closes 19 May 2019)
Posted 2 May 2019 12:00 AM by The inroads Team
The inroads team is very excited to invite applications for a new position with our team, supporting the 1300+ members across the globe to make inroads on the stigma and discrimination associated with abortion.
This is a part-time contract position for a current or new inroads member, with preference for candidates located in the Global South. Check out the job description below and apply using inroads' host organization Ipas's job application tool (linked at the bottom of this post). If you have a strong commitment to ending abortion stigma, are highly detail-oriented, and get a sense of satisfaction from ensuring that logistics, processes, and contract mechanisms support members and serve the network mission, this could be the job for you. If you know someone who might be great in this role, please do share this announcement with them!
The inroads Member Support Specialist supports the activities of the inroads team through management of projects, coordination of overlapping areas of work and the coordination of complex logistical and decision-making processes amongst members of a diverse, high-performing team. The Member Support Specialist is responsible for managing travel and technical support provided to inroads members. Additionally, this position serves as the lead coordinator of the inroads Global Member Gathering 2020: vetting and facilitating the team decision making process about vendors, venues, and resources; managing the travel plans for inroads staff and supported members; and providing logistical and on the ground support for the agenda planning and members during the meeting itself. The inroads Member Support Specialist also conducts other tasks as needed to maximize impact.
inroads Meeting Planning
- Venue selection and contract negotiation
- Liaise with content team to determine needs and specifications for venue and vendors
- Support content team with meeting planning
- Fine tune and lead overall meeting planning logistics process, including managing complex timelines and budgets, and managing detailed, timely and accurate communication with content team, vendors, and supported members
- Attend inroads meetings and provide on the ground logistical support
inroads member travel support and logistics
- Lead inroads travel support for participants who apply for and receive funding to attend inroads gatherings or external conferences and meetings
- Support inroads members to travel to inroads and external gatherings
- Support inroads gathering registration process
- Liaise with inroads host organization (currently Ipas) and travel agency
- Communicated directly with members to support visa applications, approve travel itineraries
- 4+ years experience or bachelors and 3+ years experience working in and around non-profit organizations or meeting planning.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to the mission of inroads
- Be based in, hail from, or hold significant experience working and living in the Global South
- Quick, concise, accurate, and warm written communication style
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Works independently and knows how to collaborate: comfortable seeking solutions solo and asking for input/support when needed
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Google Drive
- Experience with tracking and financial software systems (Workday in particular a plus.)
- Access to stable, secure internet
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Written and spoken French.
- Written and spoken Spanish or other inroads’ member languages.
- Grounding in stigma theory or membership to inroads.
- Ability to turn different information formats and sources into smoothly functioning, easy-to-use systems
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Values-driven decision making
- Team player
- Willingness to ask questions and ask for help
- Systems thinker
- Sense of humor
- Resilience and energy for complex work and situations
- Making mistakes, learning from them, and trying again
This position is a 10-month, part-time contract position, with renewal contingent on funding. Contract will be administered by Ipas on behalf of inroads. The compensation will be updated when available, and will be based on funding, experience, and statutory requirements in the successful applicant’s country of residence.
We expect this position to work out to roughly 50% FTE with flexibility and changing intensity throughout the 10 month period. 25-30% time during June-September. 60-80% time during October and November. 30-40% December 2019 and January 2020. And 100 FTE during the month of February 2020. 20-25% time March and April.
This will be a remote position reporting to inroads Research and Operations Director located in a US Eastern Time zone. Preference for candidate to reside in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, East or Southeast Asia and/or be able to work regularly and synchronously during at least 3 hours of a US East Coast 9am-5pm day.
The desired start date: June 3rd, 2019. Applications will be open until 11:59pm GMT/ 6:59 pm GMT / 3:59pm PST 19 May and will be reviewed as they are received.
If you are interested in the position, please apply here. Applying includes:
1. Filling out the application form
2. Submitting a CV or resume, by uploading it to the “CV/Resume” field in the application form
3. Submitting a cover letter that addresses your interest in working on abortion stigma and your experience with highly detailed processes and workflows by uploading it to the “CV/Resume” field in the application form
Contact email@example.com with questions about the position and use the contact tool within Ipas’s application process for questions or trouble in submitting your application.
Apply here: https://ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Ipas/job/US-NC-INTL-Remote/inroads-Member-Support-Specialist--HQ--remote---global-south-based-_R7