Updates & News
Apply to join the inroads team as the Program and Communications Specialist
Posted 11 September 2018 12:00 AM by The inroads Team
The inroads team is very excited to invite applications for a new position with our team, supporting the 1000+ members across the globe to make inroads on the stigma and discrimination associated with abortion.
This is a full time position for a current or new inroads member located in the Global South. Check out the job description below and apply using inroads' host organization Ipas's job application tool. If you have a strong commitment to ending abortion stigma and experience in using communication tools and platforms, this could be the job for you!
The inroads Program and Communications Specialist drafts, tweets, edits, publishes, explores, uploads, and shares. The new team member supports the activities of the inroads team through management of communications and engagement projects, coordination of overlapping areas of work and the facilitation of communication between members of a diverse, high-performing team. The Program and Communications Specialist is responsible for managing inroads member information and support request systems. Additionally, this position serves as a liaison to members: collecting and responding to membership and technical assistance requests, disseminating content on the inroads website, and providing logistical support for online and in-person meetings. The inroads Program and Communications Specialist also conducts other tasks as needed to maximize impact.
- Managing social media production and web publishing, possible growth into Press Officer position.
- Drafts internal and external communications for inroads: meeting reports, blogposts, newsletters, social media posts, internal network communications.
- Responsible for improving and managing inroads systems to track membership, technical assistance requests, and travel sponsorship requests.
- Provides inroads gathering and meeting agenda and content development support.
- Regularly monitors inroads’ member communication platforms including secure spaces and elevates member needs or relevant issues to appropriate lead.
- Conduct comparative audits and background research on technical/software options to support network systems.
- Administers inroads webinar series, event registration, and application systems.
- Data entry and database management.
- Provides general project management and support to inroads leadership.
- 4+ years experience or bachelors and 3+ years experience engaging with or supporting networks, campaigns, or coalitions aligned with reproductive justice, SRHR, or social justice values
- Experience with social media platforms, blogging or content publishing tools, and online organizing tools
- inroads membership
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to the mission of inroads
- Be based in, hail from, or hold significant experience working and living in the Global South
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Access to stable, secure internet
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Written and spoken French, or fluency in commonly spoken languages in the countries in which inroads has members
- Participatory facilitation approaches
- Works independently and knows how to collaborate: comfortable seeking solutions solo and asking for input/support
- Ability to turn lots of different information into smoothly functioning, easy to use systems
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Values-driven decision making
- Team player
- Willingness to ask questions and ask for help
- Systems thinker
- Sense of humor
- Resilience and energy for complex work and situations
- Making mistakes, learning from them, and trying again
The position is a one year full time contract, with the possibility of renewal. Compensation will include a provision for benefits and is determined by budget and the selected candidate's national laws. The salary for this position will be between 25 and 42 thousand USD depending on experience, statutory requirements in the successful applicants country of residency, and the cost of providing benefits in the country of residency.
Applications will be open until 12 noon EST/ 5pm GMT / 9am PST on 9 October and will be reviewed as they are received.
If you are interested in the position please apply here.
Applying includes filling out the application form, submitting a CV or resume, and submitting a cover letter that addresses a. your interest in working on abortion stigma b. links to and/or descriptions of web communications work, reports, or social media. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the position and use the contact tool within the process for questions or trouble in submitting your application.