Updates & News
inroads Operational and Network Effectiveness Consultant: Request for Proposal
Posted 27 April 2018 12:00 AM by The inroads Team
The inroads co-conveners are looking for an organizational effectiveness consultant with a grounding in network growth and sustainability to support the global network with risk assessment for the next phase of network growth and operations. The project will include a. assessing the current governance and operations of the network c. conducting a scan of existing networks that demonstrate flexible and effective member-driven structures, d. conducting a risk assessment focusing on the fiscal, governance and legal needs of the network and its members. Inroads is a global network of advocates, scholars, health providers, and donors working to understand and dismantle stigma and discrimination associated with abortion. Inroads is currently hosted by Ipas, an international non-governmental organization based in the United States.
Required experience or competencies:
- Experience conducting research in cross cultural settings.
- Significant experience working in or in partnership in the Global South.
- Experience working with complex or networks of more than 25 groups or 200 individuals.
- Available for bi-weekly progress and project meetings.
- Experience with Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and/or Reproductive Justice movements.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Available to co-develop a final proposal with inroads Co-conveners between 14 May and 21 June 2018,
- Available to work between 1 July 2018 and 31 March 2019.
Preferred experience or competencies:
SCOPE OF WORK
The goal of the project is to assess the current state and conduct a future-facing risk and strategic assessment of the governance and operations functions of the International Network for the Reduction of Abortion Discrimination and Stigma (inroads). Inroads is a global network of more than 900 individual members representing more than 500 organizations and networks across 78 countries.
Inroads co-conveners are committed to positioning the network with the most flexible and robust operational and governance structure to ensure network success. Now that inroads has been in operation for almost four years of productive growth, network co-conveners seek an experienced consultant or consultant team to conduct a strategic assessment of inroads’ operational, governance, fiduciary and legal risks with the goal of organizing the network governance and operations to best support long-term stigma reduction for the success of the SRHR movement.
The consultant or consultant team will work closely with inroads Co-conveners, Katie Gillum and Kati LeTourneau.
In collaboration with inroads co-conveners, consultant(s) will:
- Conduct an assessment of inroads current state of governance, operations, and funding; including discovery interviews, document reviews, and stakeholder assessment
- Use network effectiveness models and/or comparative networks to contextualize the assessment of inroads and conduct risk assessment.
- Examine and assess governance possibilities for inroads Conveners
- Conduct and/or design assessment and coaching for inroads leadership
- Facilitate a strategic planning (governance work sessions and strategic decision-making) workshop with inroads Conveners and Steering Committee
- Strategic Planning meeting facilitation
- Risk assessment and recommendation report
- Fiscal and development recommendations
- Leadership development plan
Expected period of performance 1 July, 2018- 31 March, 2019. Deadline for deliverables, following participation in assessment and strategic recommendations, is 15 February 2019.
For the above work and any further duties and any additional tasks as agreed between Consultant and project team, the project budget is in the range between $35,000 and $40,000 (USD). This budget is dependent upon funding from the Packard Foundation, which will be allocated once the Foundation is able to review a consultant work plan.
Send the following in an email with “inroads Network Effectiveness Consultant” in the subject line to email@example.com by 21 May no later than 9 AM EST / 2 PM GMT.
- Statement expressing your interest and relevant experience
- One or two paragraphs giving a sense of your approach to the project scope and goals
- Two or three references
- C.V. or Resume with relevant past experience or consultant project descriptions
- Day and/or hourly rate
- Availability for part time work from 1 July, 2018 through 31 March, 2019.